At Trine, we’re on a mission to make the world better, as fast as we can. We do that by making it easy for people to invest in innovative businesses with impact at their core. Acting with speed and flexibility we create tangible impact for people, planet and profit, every day.
Over 12 000 investors have already injected more than €55 million into 31 solar energy companies worldwide. The investments have resulted in approximately 2.5 million people getting access to electricity while avoiding 450 000 tons of CO2 emission
About the job
You will be driving the work to increase the amount of inflow of relevant transactions and to create pressure from the top of the funnel in the investment process so that at all times high-quality transactions are ready for DD. You will be part of our investment team and report to the Head of Investment.
As deal origination you will:
- Identifying relevant target markets and companies within Trines investment mandate and assure targeted reach-out activities.
- Securing availability of a high volume of relevant data rooms ready for DD with fluid handover within the investment team.
- Assuring high throughput speed from DD (Desk) to IC by professional follow up with borrowers with the aim to free up resources for the investment team to close transactions.
- Screening companies and organize information exchange in early-stage conversations
- Identify channels to approach prospects and assure targeted reach-out activities in order to have the right type of companies applying for finance.
- Be the gatekeeper of the pod by taking the incoming leads reaching out to us also taking the first screening call
- Gather information and contact details to prospects.
- Gathering information from companies and preparing the data room
- Prepare the Pre-ICs before handover to IMs
- Optimization of screening & loan application steps
Work to identify new investment strategies in the renewable energy sector
To succeed in this role we think that you have
- University degree from finance or engineering
- Experience from B2B sales within the solar sector either from a financier, developer or supplier of minimum 5 years.
- Experience from the solar sector and knowledge about current trends
- Experience from investment or financing in the energy sector
- Enthusiastic, personable, positive attitude, and high integrity
- Persistent, pro-active, self-motivated with the ability to work under limited supervision
- Passionate about building relationships and networking at a professional and personal level
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with good listening skills
- Attention to detail and organized