If you want to make a high impact for people and the planet part of your daily work, you've come to the right place. At Trine we’re on a mission to make the world better, as fast as we can. We do that by making it easy for people to invest in innovative businesses with impact at their core. Acting with speed and flexibility we create tangible impact for people, planet and profit, every day.
Over 11 000 investors have already injected over €45 million into 28 solar energy companies worldwide. The investments have resulted in approximately 2.5 million people getting access to electricity while avoiding 300 000 tons of CO2 emissions. Investors have been repaid over €23 million to date.
About the role
We are looking for an Investment Manager to join the investment team at Trine. The responsibility of the team is to source commercially sound and scalable solar energy companies and support them with their financing. You will be a part of a highly motivated group of individuals working from Sweden and Kenya.You will be an instrumental part of Trine’s growth across its entire portfolio. This is an opportunity to be part of a high performing team at a pivotal time in Trine’s growth.
You will report directly to the Head of Investments
Location: Gothenburg (HQ), Nairobi
About the responsibilities
Main responsibilities are:
- Sourcing potential investment opportunities
- Negotiation with customers
- Debt facility structuring
- Due diligence, including financial modelling
- Initiating, building and maintaining relationships with borrowers
- Using alternative finance as a creative problem solving tool
We also see that you will be involved in:
- Identifying and evaluating new business opportunities, incl. interaction with investors; preparing pitch/marketing materials and presenting to clients;
- contributing to product development initiatives; researching and tracking market data and trends
We believe you have a
- Well-rounded experience in structuring, and executing debt transactions
- Proven track record of closing deals
- Strong understanding of debt products
- Min. Bachelor’s degree; MBA or equivalent preferred
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
You might have
- experience with emerging markets
- experience working on transactions in the energy industry
We believe you
- are a pragmatic team player with a can-do attitude
- enjoy contributing with your experiences to help develop the company
- enjoy the fast-paced, ever-changing landscape of alternative investments in a start-up
- are a self motivated problem solver that brings solutions and ideas to the table
- are performance oriented and able to build strong, lasting client relationships
We are conducting interviews and selection on a rolling basis so don't hesitate to apply!